Type II diabetes, skin dry, hairs thin, losing eyebrows and eyelashes, thyroid normal, positive ANA

I m a 48 yo female with type II diabetes (controlled). I have noticed my skin has gotten severely dry, my hair has started to thin noticably, and I seem to be losing my eyebrows and eyelashes (and those that are coming in are solid white). I have also started to have bouts of fatigue that last for a week or two and then goes away, but comes back about a month later. My doctor has tested my thyroid and said it was normal, but I my levels are on the low side of normal and I have a positive ANA. Any ideas as what might be causing these symptoms?
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012