Type II diabetes, fasting 214, PP 245, on medication, sudden spike in level, mean blood glucose 215, treatment

In Feb, 2010 I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes with readings of Fasting 214 and PP 245. I was put on Glycomet 500 mg( now SR), Ramistar 2.50 mg and a few months back on Ecospirin AV75. I monitored every 3 months. In Oct, 2011, it was 129/134(PP) with Mean Blood Glucose of 171. The same medication is continuing. Last week, it was 134/169(PP) and Mean Blood Glucose was 215 and HbA1C was 8.2. I walk briskly at least 30 mins every day with light exercises. I am strict with diet , but other than light breakfast, I have lunch at 1.30 and the dinner at 9 p.m. Weight 72 Kgs, height 5.6 and age 57 years. Why this sudden increase at this last reading? should I change my medicines or is there something wrong. Please advise. Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 4 Apr 2012