Type 2 diabetic. On oral metformin and glimapride. Good Constipation medication would be?

My Mother is type 2 diabetic since last 15 years, and since last 6 years is on oral metformin and glimapride medicines, also she takes 1 tab of amitryptiline -25 mg at night almost around daily. Since last 2-3 days she is facing the problem of constipation , and very hard stools . Please could you advice some good medicine for constipation taking into account that she is a diabetic patient and 43 yr old. Thank advance.
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012