Termed `Madhumeha' in Ayurveda, its incidence is higher amongst the older and the obese. Originating from an absolute or relative lack of insulin, it gives way to abnormalities in the metabolism
of carbohydrates, proteins and fat in the body. Characterised by abnormally high levels of blood glucose and its subsequent excretion through urine.
* Constant feeling of hunger and thirst.
* Weight loss
* Quick exhaustion. Drowsiness
. Low sexual urge.
* Possible anaemia, constipation
, itching around genital organs, palpitation
* Slow healing of wounds.
* Overeating and consequent obesity
* Excessive intake of sugar and refined carbohydrates
* Overloading of proteins and fats which get converted into sugar if taken in excess.
* Excessive tension, worry, anxiety & grief
* Hereditary factors
* Neem (Azadirachta indica
* Gurmar Leaves (Gymnema sylvestrae)
* Karela (Momordica