Type 1 diabetics that were diagnosed before or during their teen years ?

Type 1 diabetics that were diagnosed before or during their teen years ? When you were in your teens or maybe you still are, did you rebel on checking your sugar. My daughter (16) drives me crazy, I am constantly have to remind her to check her sugar. Last visit with the Endocrinologists was a nightmare. We both got in trouble. She says she just wants to be normal. I understand that and I wish I could take this away from her if I could. But she is on the pump and it would be so easy to maintain decent levels. Is this normal for Teen Diabetics ? Any Suggestions ?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009