Type 1 diabetic with frequent urination. Could it be anxiety related?

My son is a type 1 diabetic and is 9 years old. He is generally a very shy quiet child. He has an urge to urinate all the time. At first I thought it was because his BGL s have been to high. He is very upset as he has the urge to urinate but once he is in the toilet it is just a trickle. He is getting tested for a UTI . He said he is not in pain..... his doctor suggested today that it could be anxiety related? I feel very helpless at the moment. We are going to see a pyscologist in the next few weeks. Any suggestions on what I can do to help him.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013