Tying to conceive. Missing periods and started spotting. What is going on?

Hi, I am Kay .. My husband and I have been ttc for a very long time now. I just had an HSG done about three weeks ago. Today I am three days late with my period,but I notice a little pinkish blood and brownish color also when I wipe . What could this be? My breast are sore,but they re always sore when I m about to get my period .
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
hi
thanks for your query
as you undergoes HSG 3 WEAK AGO WHICH IS ONLY A DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING TO EXCLUDE ANY BLOCKAGE IN FELLOPOAN TUBING.NOT A TREATMENT.
AND ANY SUSPICION OF BEING PREGNANT IS MADE AFTER 1-2 WEAK OF EXPECTED DATE.
AND FINALY BROWNISH DISCHARGE MAY BE BEGINNING OF PERIODS.
I THINK THIS GIVES YOU ANSWER.