Two vessel cord of a unborn baby

Hi I am in the 6th month of pregnency,Recently tiffe scan resulted that babyb is with two vessel cord..How to over come with the babys health physically or mentally ..Pleae suggest accurately
Asked On : Thu, 29 Jul 2010
I am in the 6th month of pregnency,Recently tiffe scan resulted that babyb is with two vessel cord..How to over come with the babys health physically or mentally ..Pleae suggest accurately
Anesthesiologist Dr. Shivakumar. M. C.'s  Response
Hi Archana,
two umbalical vessels i,e single umbalical artery is associated with many congenital anomolies like musculoskeletol, genetourinory, CNS, CVS and many more so i strongly suggest you to terminate pregnancy after consulting with your gynecologist.
  Anonymous's Response
Hello
welcome to health care magic
There are two ways that folks look at a 2 vessel cord (or a "single umbilical artery", "SUA"). The first is that, IF you have a baby with many obvious malformations, it is common for that child ALSO to have a SUA.

HOWEVER, the majority of children with SUA have no other abnormalities..so in mine views please follow your gynaecologist ..no need to worry..
take care
payal