Two valve replacements, suffers from AFIB diagnosed with psychosis. Given zyprexa. Treatment?

My mother is 80 years old, has had two valve replacements, suffers from Afib, been in nursing home for last 11 months (resident now) and now has been diagnosed with "psychosis" since she sees, talks to, and hears people, animals that shrink and grow large, groups of people that hide in the heating vent door (they shrink down to about 4" big) and are trying to kill her (so she says). The doctor recently said she did not believe my mom was suffering from psychosis anymore but when I told her the above (and with detail) and contacted the hospital Director, he has met with her doctor, her psychiatrist, the nurses, reviewed her case and said it is "complicated". Complicated because she has these interactive hallucinations (which follow her everwhere, and talk to her, etc.) Now they is on 5 mg of Zyprexa. Is this good medicine for this
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013