Twitching in the throat while breathing, heartburn. Difficulty in breathing. What is happening?

I have been having problems breathing for a long time now. Maybe a year. Tonight it is bad and scaring me a little. Sometimes its after I eat but like today its been all day. Its like i cant get a deep breathe or yawn and my throat feels weird like twitching or something. I have heartburn problems but dont feel it right now. The only time it felt ok today was when i was lifting weights. I dont do much cardio because of this. I am 45 year old male. my doctor ordered a throat scope a while back but i keep pushing it off.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding twitching in throat with difficulty in breathing.

On co-relating the symptoms with possible pathology it appears that you are having some local problem in throat and that could be rule out by a thorough examination of throat.

You are requested for-

1- C.T.scan of throat.

2- Direct laryngoscopy & stroboscopy of throat.

3- Respiratory function test.

By the help of above investigations and their co relation with clinical findings one may reach to correct diagnosis and that may be manage accordingly.