Twitching eyelid, pain in head. What is happening?

thank you so much. for the last month my right eye lid has been twitching alot. well it finally stopped but now i have these pains that shoot through the right side of my head but only sporadically. and now my eye is twitching again but last time it was my upper eyelid but now its the lower part of my eye thats twitching and the pains are getting alot worse. when they started a couple weeks ago it would happen like once a day and now its 4 and 5 times a day and the pain is very sharp like a knife going in my right temple. everything thats happening is on the right side and im getting scared that something is wrong with my brain. please help me
Asked On : Sat, 9 Nov 2013
Hello dear,

In absence of an injury or trauma, the of symptoms as mentioned in your post can be due to:
1. Peripheral neuropathy
2. Thyroid dysfunction
3. Anemia (either Iron deficiency or Vit B12 deficiency anemia)
4. Any abnormality in blood pressure & blood sugar levels
5. Deficiency of certain nutrients like Iron, Vitamin B 12, Calcium, etc. which also interferes with blood formation & nerve conduction

Investigations like complete blood count, estimation of blood pressure and blood sugar levels & Thyroid profile will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.
Symptomatic relief can be obtained with intake of nervigenic agents like Vit B12, Vit B6 & Folic acid.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.