Twitches in spine, neck, elbows, ankles and knees. What is wrong?

I have over the last 3 months developed several ticks sadly coinciding with the release of the popular brittish programme derek. I have no idea what they are or how to control them, I have twitchs in the base of my spine , top of my neck , my elbows, wrists, ankles and knees. I utter yeah from my mouth uncontrollably often too and make lip popping noises too. This is an immense embarressment please help!
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist 's  Response
Hi johnrainey
Muscle spasms and twitches can be symptoms of some medical conditions. But I’ve never heard about “sadly coinciding with the release of the popular brittish programme derek”. So, it can be negative muscle reflex for watching very exiting TV stuff in predisposed persons.
My advice:
•     Turn off your TV or computer to stop watching this program for two weeks
•     Avoid stressful situation
•     Take vitamin B supplements, especially B-12 (2-3 mcg/day)
•     Walk 30 minutes two times a day or go to gym
•     Take a few sessions of the acupuncture and massage
•     Take magnesium supplement
•     Drink chamomile, peppermint tea during the day
•     Drink mineral water 4 cups a day
•     Sleep more than 8 hours at night

Try two weeks, if your muscle spasms and twitches will not lessen, go to neurologist for evaluation.
Good Luck