Twisted arm, hurts, cannot move it is stiff and sore. Suggestion?

I was playing football, when i had to jump at full sprint to avoid the goal keeper. However he clipped my feet causing me to land awkwardly on my left arm and hip. Initially i thought i was just winded but now it constantly aches and when i try to move its really stiff and sore but when i cough the pain is excruciating!
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013

Put some ice or cold clothing to the twisted area. Get it banded (elastic joint bandage) to avoid pain or further damage to the twisted joint.

Take paracetamol or ibuprofen orally to fight the pain.

After 48 hours of applying ice, can use anti-inflammatory creams containing ibuprofen or diclophenac or mentholii or capsicum.

If no progress, still pain or local swelling, go to radiologist to do an X-ray to evaluate if there is another damage rather than simple twist.

Hope fast recovery!