Twisted ankle after a fall. Have a painful swollen bruised knot. Need to be consulted?

So I fell off the stage and down some stairs at my sisters wedding this last Saturday and landed with my ankle twisting and hitting the corner of the stair, it got really swollen and bruised with a big knot on it and it hurts to walk on it. The bruise isnt as bad looking but it has been numb an itchy and pretty bad sore it anything I should get checked out? Or is it normal to still be swollen and have a hard knot on it?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012