Twinges during ovulation. Has cystic ovaries. Done laparoscopic surgeries. Will I be okay?

My daughter has cysts on her ovaries. She feels twinges when she ovulates. The doctor took a sonogram about a month ago and advised for her to go back on birth control pills. She did, She has had a problem of staining while on the birth control pill. The doctor says that is no problem. She was still feeling the twinges so asked the doctor if that was a sign the cysts were back. So the doctor took another sonogram She said the left ovary cysts were gone but the right still had one and she also saw something . She wants to do a laproscopic procedure with a camera to check it out. My daughter said it looked like a white shaded spot. Dr. said she thought it looked benign but wanted to check it out. it could be the start of endometriosisl. She was not concerned but did want to check it out. My daughter is scheduled for 4/16/13. Is this something common?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013