Turned to alcohol, my eyes and head hurt and I cry for no reason. Is it due to depression?

Hi, Is depression a medical condition that should/can be treated even if its temporary? The reason I ask is I have had a few stresses recently (work, boyfriend away, boiler broken so no heat or hot water) and I m tired all the time, turn to alcohol, my eyes and head hurt and I cry for no reason! I m sure it s all because of recent events and ill get over it and would rather do anything other than take medication but am worried that I won t be able to snap out of it! Can you offer any advice? Thank you Shelley
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013