Tumor removed. Have blue cell nevus. Have scraped tailbone. Am I okay yet?

I am a 36 yr old female. 6 years ago i have a tumor the size of a grapefruit removed from my tailbone. they cut the tumor out and scraped my tailbone. Then 3 weeks later they cut out an inch more of tissue and scraped my tailbone again. This was because it was what they called blue cell nevus . I had had this blue bump on my lower back since I was around 5 years old and was always told it was a cyst . Finally I went to a doctor 6 years ago because I had MRSA and the bump had gotten infected. They told me it was a cyst and they needed to remove it and it was no big deal. Obviously they realized after cutting me open that it was actually a tumor and it took 7 hours for them to remove. Since the 2 surgeries I have never had a followup or seen a doctor about this. Should I have a checkup regarding this or just assume they removed all of it and not worry. The doctor did tell me after the first surgery that if I did not have the 2nd surgery and they did not get it all that it would be fatal. Since they went ahead with the 2nd surgery I just assumed I was fine. Starting to wonder. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Sep 2012