Tumor regrown, removal warranted, gamma knife suggested. Success rate in elder patients?

hi. my dad had a lemon-sized benign meningioma between the frontal lobes removed traditionally 9 years ago & has been doing quite well. his latest follow up scan indicates that the tumor has regrown to the point where removal is warranted. Gamma Knife has been suggested & with some research it seems like a good option for him. my concern is that he is now 77. I realize you don t have the specs. do elder patients have a better success rate with this minimally invasive procedure? Thank you, worried daughter
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012