Tuberculosis. Is travelling advisable?

Hi Doctor, I have a friend that have came to me in reference to his mother having tuberculosis, He have a convenience store he takes her to work with him every day I told him I thought she should stay at home until she get proper treatment he did not know the importance of this. She is from Pakistan only been here for about two week in the U.S. Just want to know was I advising him correctly.
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for posting to HCM,
You can travel.
Use mask.
TB can spread when someone with active tuberculosis disease of the lungs or airway coughs, sings, talks, or sneezes and sprays tiny droplets containing TB bacteria into the air . These tiny droplets can travel some distance on air currents and can infect people who inhale them.