Tubectomy operation done after delivery. Shooting pain in abdomen, increases on passing urine. Possible reason?

On 27/02/2013, my wife delivered my second child ( normal delivery). on 28th, tubectomy operation ( open surgery) was done. Till date she has shooting pain on both sides of the stomach and says she doesnt want to pass urine as it increases the pain sensation and doesnt want to move from the bed as well. Stitches were removed yesterday and there is pain on these areas as well? Pls tell me what could be the reason for this abnormal pain?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013