Trying to quit smoking, have shortness of breath while sitting, worsens on smoking excessive newports. How long will this last?

I have smoked cigarettes about a pack a day for the past 8 years. Started when i was 16 and am going to be 24 in one month. I quit cold turkey and am nearing the end of day #5 with no cigarettes, nicotine should be out of my system by now. I notice though that I have a shortness of breath, where I have to gasp for air sometimes. Not nessesarily when i m moving around, but it happens when i m sitting down too. It s like I can t get enough oxygen or air sometimes, my breathing and shortness of breath is worse then when I smoking 20 newports a day. How long does this symptom last for?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012