Trying to quit smoking. Have breathing trouble. Could this be asthma?

Hi, I used to be a smoker but I just quit, two weeks ago because I had some trouble breathing . It started maybe a year ago, when I had some trouble breathing in the mornings if i smoked before I got to bed, the night before. Then it started more often and i felt like I had to quit. Now after two weeks I still feel it. When I run or even sometimes just sit it feels kind of heavy to breath. I dont want to go to a doctor if this is just something usual so I though of asking here. Its not like I cant breath at all its just kind of heavy and I think it has something to do with cigarettes because its like the feeling when you just smoked and then run. Do you think it is something serious like astma or something thats going to pass? Thank you for answering, and sorry for the english.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013