Trying to have baby. Tried Define8 and Derimine. How to lose weight?

I am 26 year old female, my husband is also 26. We have a 3 year old daughter. We have been trying for the last 8-12 months to have another baby and loose weight. Neither of which is working, we have tried healthy diet and exercise and after 8 months I had only lost 8-10kgs and my husband around the same. We have tried some stimulates like Define8 and even tried Derimine (prescribed by our GP) with no great results and read it can have damaging effects if trying to conceive. Is there anything we can do to loose weight that is still safe to take while trying to conceive?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013