Trying to get pregnant. Have black discharge. Am I pregnant?

I haven been trying to get pregnant for last 6 months with no success, I thought I got my period today (a day early) but is was like a black and thnk discharge? Is this normal? I am worried there is something wrong and that is why I am not pregnant yet? By the way I am heathy 23 year old so I didn't think I would have a issue. Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Since you had your periods on the expected time, the chances of pregnancy are very low. The black color of the blood is indicative of an old blood. This is likely to change into the bright red bleeding in next few days.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. RakhiTayal