Trying to do a self ureteral stent removal, painkiller not helping. Do i have to give it a good strong pull to get it started?

I'm trying to do a self ureteral stent removal, but I can't seem to get passed the initial pull. I read it's not very painful as I have a string I can pull on. It feels like the open end of a straw is being scraped on the inside of my penis and it's deterring me from proceeding. Do I have to give it a good strong pull to get it started and just brace for the pain and than just keep pulling until it's done? (My painkillers are not helping at all either)
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013