Trying to concieve, injection, brown smelly discharge. Suggestions?

Hello, I recently had the contraception injection and my doctor told me I would be safe to have sex straight away. I had the injection on a tuesday and had sex on the thursday. I have been fine with no adverse affects from the injection and have had it before with no problems. My injection is due again on the 19th June. About a week and a half ago i started to bleed a little. I was also having a brown smelly discharge . On saturday I bled after sex and when I sat on the toilet I lost a large clot of blood . I am still experiencing the brown smelly discharge and still bleeding slightly. Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012
The mild irregular bleeding is commonly seen in this type of contraception but having a foul smelling blood is worrisome. It can happen due to a bacterial vaginal infection which needs to be examined and needs systemic antibiotics for cure.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal