Trying to concieve, had sex during ovulation. Prescribed progesterone supplements to improve chances. Safe?

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 3 years now. We have a 4 year old son and also had another pregnancy before him which ended in a miscarriage at 7 weeks. I am 36 and my husband is 43. We have had all the tests and there does not seem to be anything physically wrong with us, just not lucky yet. We have also tried 4 rounds of natural IUI (no drugs). I went to see a doctor today (I live in China and the system here is strange as you never get to see the same doc) and found out that I had already ovulated this month so too late to do IUI (it is only D13 and I am very regular ovulating on day 14). She said it looked like I ovulated yesterday, so I could try intercourse today and see if we get lucky. Also working in our favour is that we had intercourse on Monday (3 days ago, possibly 2 days before ovulation ). So fingers crossed for a lucky break. My question: I asked her if progesterone supplements might improve my odds of pregnancy (as we are not sure if conception is occuring, but implementation is not), and she perscribed Utrogestan. I would like to try this as I want to have a bit more agressive approach to making it happen, but when I looked it up it says it should not be taken during pregnancy. As I am in China I don t have easy access to answer this type of question. Do you think it is a good idea to take it, given my situation? I would hate to take it if not necessary or potentially harmful, but if it could help, then I will take all the help that I can get. Thanks for your time and guidance.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012