Trying to concieve. Having brown discharge, tiredness, cramps. Pregnancy test negative. Suggestions?

hi I need your help, my periods are very irregular and always have been but once my fiance and i decided to try for baby #1 i kept track of my periods on n app, my last period was 17 dec and i was meant to ovulate 30 dec-4 january ( ovulation kit says i werent) i now have a very strange brown dicharge which started off as a very light pink colour that hardly needed any tampon or pad yet i woke up this morning and it was heavier and brown. I am extremley tired and have cramps . ive read it could be spotting as im not due till 22nd but its lasted for three days now and i did a preg test yday that said neg :(
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013