Trying to concieve. Had sex on ovulation day. Having painful, dry vagina the next day. Reason?

my husband and i are trying to get pregnant my ovulation day was on the 25th so we has sex on the 25th and today ie 26th why do i have a wired feeling in my stomach as in after he ejaculate in side me ? is it normal ...why does my vargine hurt ,it feels very sensitive and i am dry i got my periods on the 12th jan .does this mean i am not ovulating ? pls explain
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM,

Thank you for your query.

This presentation is commonly seen, as is not to be concerned about. It will slowly wear off itself, within 2-3 days. Do not worry.

From next time onward you could use lubrication like K-Y jelly, which is safe and easy to use. This can be applied just before intercourse and will also help in avoiding symptoms like dry vagina, swelling, etc. after intercourse.

Although there have been no reported side-effects, it is best to use it after a discussion with your doctor.

I hope I have succeeded in answering your questions, you could write back to us anytime for further clarifications.

Best wishes.