Trying to concieve. Had sex. Having white discharge. Ovulation predictor test negative. Reason?

My husband and I have been trying to conceive since Sept 2012. My past period started on 1/2/13. We had sex once a day from 1/8-1/16. On 1/17 I had severe cramping-which I don t recall ever experienced in the middle of my cycle (only during my period). Then today (21st) I noticed a puddle of slightly white/clear discharge on my underwear. I thought maybe this discharge was a sign that I am currently ovulating...took ovulation predictor test-came back negative. What do you think this discharge is?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013
Mar 2013
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
See, the ovulation predictor kit is not always 100 % reliable.
Also, the discharge increases AFTER ovulation.
It is at its peak just before your period is due.
That could be one reason you got a negative test.
You had ALREADY ovulated.
However, you are still in the clear since you were sexually active during the requisite time.
Being sexually active well past your expected ovulatory dates will also increase chances of pregnancy.
Another possibility is conditions like PCOD which are keeping you from normal ovulation