Trying to concieve. All tests normal. Had unsuccesful IUI treatments. Advised laparoscopic surgery. Can I opt for IVF treatment directly?

Hi, I am 34 yrs old and trying to conceive for 3 yrs now but with no luck. I have undergone all tests before proceeding to IUI treatment and all seems fine with me and hubby. I have regular periods and both tubes are open. I have done IUI 3 times but not successful. The doctor told me to undergo laparoscopic operation this time to investigate further but I am so scared to undergo this laparoscopy operation. Doctor here also said that after laparoscopy operation and everything is fine, i must go back to IUI again but with FSH drugs for 3 cycle and if its not going to work, will proceed to IVF . What s wrong with me? and I don t understand why to go for laparoscopy or back to IUI when it already didn t work for 3 times. and why not directly go to IVF procedure? Is laparoscopy operation really necessary? I am very afraid to take the risks of this kind of operation
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013