Trying to conceive, went off pill, started bleeding. HPT negative. What's going on ?

Im 32, 6 1 , 160 lbs. Ttc, went off pill about 2 months ago. I started bleeding 3 days before I was supposed to get my period. It was pretty light but a little more.than spotting. It only lasted about a day and a half. Then a day later I started bleeding again. This time it was a little heavier but still not as heavy as my normal period. It lasted about a day and a half and has now stopped. Home hpt test.was negative. Any advice as to whats going on?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013