Trying to conceive, taking femara, oviderel. Had irregular periods, pregnancy test negative. Possible cause?

I am trying to get pregnant and have started taking femara and oviderel to help. Last month I never had a period with flow, but I had spotting for 7 days and towards the end the spotting was bright red. Pregnancy test was negative, we started another cycle of femara and ovidrel . I am now on day 19 of my cycle with bad cramps and bright red bleeding . This seems to be the start of my period with how I feel and the normal flow except it is day 19. I feel like I am not going to be able to get pregnant if we don t figure out why I am having irregular periods. What should be looked at for figuing this out and what could be causing this?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013