Trying to conceive, prescribed fertyl, have painful periods since then. Cause?

i hav been trying for my second baby for the last six months.With no positive results, my doc prescribed me fertyl100mg and progyanova.i ovulated on 18th day of my period.since my hubby was not available we could not make any relation on that day.the problem is that my period were very painful and very unusal.whats the reason behind this?do i have any problem?do i need any further checkups?can i continue with the same tablet for the next month?......
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
Your main complaint is painful bleeding with unusual bleeding .
The reason of these two symptoms were side effects of hormonal treatment due to progynova ( estradiol valerate) .
The other drug was fertyl ( clomiphene 100 mg ) for stimulation of ovulation and the played its role very well.
In my opinion you should take this treatment for one more month irrespective of painful bleeding because this time you might conceive , so no bleeding , no pain.
Good luck. Dr. HET