Trying to conceive, prescribed bigomet. Had abortion after unknowingly after continuoing Bigomet. Suggestion?

Hai sir, iam 27yrs old, 3yrs back i got married and we r planning for kids past 3 yrs, my fertility docter suggested me to take bigomet sr 500 twice a day. Past 6 months iam in same course, two months back i met with an aborsion. i dont know that i was pregnent and used the same tablets. now again my docter is telling to start the same course. what iam i using this tablet for. iam worried that if again i concieve pregnency and unknowingly i use the tablet will it effect
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Hello ma'am and welcome.

You have most probably been diagnosed to have polgcysric ovaries, due to which you are experiencing an irregularity in youe menstrual cycle, and a few other symptoms. If at all your menstrual cycle is irregular, then conception and pregnancy may not sucessfully be supported to due a hormonal imbalance caused by the condition.

For this reason, you will have to first concentrate on regularizing your menstrual cycle for which biomet will help, and then initiating conception as per the instructions of your doctor.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.