Trying to conceive, partner takes prednisone, was on steroids. Safe to conceive?

My husband and I are plannning on trying to conceive soon. He has ulcerative colitis and is currently taking imuran and will be taking it for the foreseeable future. He was taking prednisone also but has finished that treatment about 2 weeks ago. So he is not currently taking any steroid . Is it safe to try to conceive now or should we wait 3 months until the steroid has left his system? He was on steroids for about 4 weeks to get flare up under control. I am getting older each month so we are anxious to get started.
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012