Trying to conceive, missed periods, negative pregnancy test, taken Regesterone. Cause?

HI i HAVE GOT MY PERIOD ON APR 14 AND I MISSED MY PERIOD IM MAY AND NOW ITS ALMOST TWO MONTHS I AM MARRIED AND AWAITING FOR HAVING PREGNANCY I HAVE DONE MY BLOOD TEST FOR PREGNANCY AND IT WAS NEGATIVE ABOUT 20 DAYS AGO AND I STARTED TO TAKE REGESTERONE TABLETS FROM 06 TH OF MAY FOR 3 DAYS AS PER MY DOCTOR ADVISE BUT I DIDNT HAVE MY PERIOS YET. WHAT MAY BE THE PROBLEM? AM I PREGNANT? ARE THERE ANY CHANCES OF HAVING PREGNANCY AFTER TAKING REGESTERONE? PLEASE CLARIFY
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012
Hi Prasanthivarma,

The chances of you being pregnant are less, as your blood test for pregnancy is negative. I do not understand that why even after Regesterone you did not have a withdrawal bleeding.

Please consult your doctor again. It is very important to do an ultrasound scan of your pelvis. We need to find out the cause soon. The common cause is PCOD.

There are chances of being pregnant even after taking Regesterone.

Hope I have answered your query.

All the best.

OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Hello.
Regesterone does not alter your state of pregnancy. To be sure of your status, you can repeat urine pregnancy test. In case it is negative then other hormonal disturbances could be the reason of delay in your periods. You need to consult your gynecologist for the same.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
drrakhitayal@gmail.com