Trying to conceive, have pregnancy symptoms, periods heavy, painful. Pregnancy chances?

Me and my bf are ttc and we had sex on the 20th of last month. About a week after I was having pregnancy symptoms and my appetite has increased tremendously and I was expecting my period on the 7th of January but it came on New Year s Day and it was so painful the worst pain I have had in a long time and my period is really really heavy and light red with like red strings in my period and usually my period is heavy one day and it becomes light. Is it possible that I could be pregnant even though my period came early?
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013
Mar 2013
thanks for your query.
The only reliable way to confirm a pregnancy is by taking a pregnancy test.
The other symptoms are not reliable at all for diagnosis.
So please do that at the earliest, so that you can be sure.