Trying to conceive, have missed periods after stopping Novelon, negative pregnancy test, taken Regesterone. Ultrasound showed cyst on the ovary. What is the cause?

I am 29 years old, married for 1 year. I always had regular periods with 28 days cycle. After marriage, i started using birth control pill Novelon for a year. I stopped using it in May as we are trying to have a baby now. But, after stopping i have missed periods for month of June and July and i am worried sick about it. I have taken 2 home pregnancy test and one at the hospital. All are negative. I consulted a doctor and she recommended Regesterone 2 tablets for 3 days for getting back my periods. It has been a week since i took those tablets and yet havent got my periods. I am really worried about my ovulation cycle. Does it mean that i have stopped ovulating? Does it mean i wont be able to get pregagent? Please help me with these queries, i have lost lot of sleep on this. Please help. One more thing, after pregnancy test, we had an ultrasound done, and found out that i have a 40 mm cyst on my left ovary . Can that cause problem? Will it go away or what should i do about it? Please help, as i am in my late twenties, i feel time is running out for me and i want to be pregnant soon.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012