Trying to conceive, have extremely light flow during period. Had taken midol. When can I take pregnancy test?

Hi, My husband and I are TTC. I have been charting my BBT for only one full cycle so far, and it said I ovulated on day 21 of my 28-day cycle. Today (day 28) I woke up to find what I thought was the start of my period (around 8am) only to find that by 2pm it had fully disappeared. This is NOT normal for me (I m very regular, always spotting for the first two days, followed by 3 days of normal flow). I am wondering if I could be pregnant, and how long I need to wait in order to test? Also, because I thought it was my period, I took my usual dose of 2 midols, and I am wondering if this will have any effect if I am in fact pregnant? Thank you!!
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic

Minimal bleed could be a implantation bleed, could be due to pregnancy. Usually urine pregnancy test becomes positive 1 week after missed period. Early morning urine sample is preferred.
When you are planning for pregnancy better to avoid pain medications without doctors advice.