Trying to conceive, had mid-cycle bleeding. Implantation bleeding or sign of periods?

hi i m 24 years 5 6 h 60 kg w normal health my period duration is 25 days normally.recently i m sexually active for 5 months i m trying to concieve for a baby .last time my period was on 20 sep . for this time first time my bleeding after 17 days i m worried whether it is implantation bleeding or perid.or it is a sign of pregnancy.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
As you have never had this type of spotting earlier, you should suspect an implantation bleed, which can happen a little prior to the onset of the normal menstrual cycle. Ovulation bleed cannot happen at this time as you have 25-day cycles, which means you usually ovulate on the 10th or 11th day. Please wait for the onset of your next normal period if it is a minimal spotting; else, see a specialist for further appraisal of the situation. You can get an assessment of the serum beta-hCG titres after a couple of days to confirm/exclude pregnancy. Hope this helps.