Trying to conceive, got diagnosed with thyroid, have delayed periods, negative pregnancy test post intake of thyronorm 25mcg. Cause?

I am 28 year old. I went to a gyanecologist for check up as i want to conceive. She told me to get thyroid test done. I got TSH 5.69 and she prescribed Thyronorm 25mcg. My last period was on 15th April. Since than i have not got my period and also home urine pregnancy test is coming negative. I had very regular cycle till now. Is the delay in period due to medicine?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jun 2012