Trying to conceive, dizziness, headaches, metallic taste in mouth. What do these symptoms indicate?

Hi my husband and I are trying for a baby. I feel lethargic, dizzy, have a bad headache and have a horrible metalic taste in my mouth. I m 9 days past ovulation , I tried a early response test which was negative but I believe I m too early to test. Is their any other explanation for these symptoms as I just feel down right awful. Kind regards
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

You are correct in that it is way too early for a test to be positive. The earliest that it will definitely be positive (where you can be confident in how the test is read) is about 2 weeks after conception. Don't pay extra for these early tests when the traditional tests will give you the same information within a very short time period.

With regard to the metallic taste, letharge, and dizziness, I sense that you are wishing that these are pregnancy symptoms. They are not at 9 days after ovulation, even if you have conceived. The lethargy and headaches can certainly be cycle related, and the metallic taste may be related to food additives, vitamins, etc.

I hope this helps. If you have additional questions, please use the Premium service. I am happy to elaborate further. You are welcome ask for "Dr. Tim".