Trying to conceive, delayed period, negative HPT, brown discharge spotting, slight cramping, flatus. Cause of symptoms?

My husband and I are trying to conceive for several months now. It s been 4 days and I have yet to get my period. I actually took a HPT 2 days ago and it came out negative. Yesterday, I get this brown discharge only when I wipe. It happened 3 times. Today, I started spotting with brown discharge again. I ve been having very slight cramping and gassy feeling. I m planning to take another HPT tomorrow morning if I don t get my period by this evening. In the meantime, would you be able to explain what i m experiencing right now? Could I be pregnant but my hcg level is still too low for the HPT to pick up? Please help
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
Brown discharge is common and nothing to worry.
you have gone for test too early.
Go for pregnancy test after 7-8 days passed of your expected date of period.
Take morning mid stream sample for testing.
Ok and take care.