Trying to conceive, delay in periods, sharp ovary pain, negative pregnancy test, vomiting sensation, flu since periods due. False negative?

Hi, I m on day 40 and have been TTC for the last few months after having a miscarriage in July. i have also a 16month old son. I ve been on a regular 31 day cycle the last 3 months and should have got my period 8 days ago. I ve been having sharp pain in my lower right ovary every now and then. No signs of any blood. I ve taken a test today but it still shows in not pregnant. I have had the flu since my period has been due. i ve only had one day which i felt like vomiting all the time in the morning. Can the tests be wrong? I don t know if should go and see a doctor to ask for a blood test .
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012