Trying to conceive. Tracking basal temperature. Are ovulation prediction tests accurate? Reason for temperature drop?

Trying to conceive for over a year now and just started tracking my basil body temp to see if I ovulate. My doctor said that when it s at it s lowest is when you are ovulating and then it increases right after that. While my temp was at it s lowest and I thought I could be ovulating I also did a few ovulation predictor tests each day and they all said negative so now I m not sure what to think. Is there any other type of test you can do to check and see if you re ovulating and/or are ovulation predictions tests accurate? I have tried ovulation predictors before and they have never read positive but why would my temp drop like it did earlier this month (and I wasn t sick or anything)?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012