Trying to conceive. Taken cortisone shot, delayed period, negative pregnancy tests. Reason?

Hi. My partner and I have been ttc for 10 months now with no luck.i recently had a cortisone shot done between just after my last period and before ovulation. I am currently 7days late for my period, with 2 negative tests. Ive have irregular cycles, but never this late! I would like to know if this cortisone shot has messed up my cycle? I'm very upset that yet again now im going to have to wait longer to ttc :( thankyou for your help. Jo
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. In my opinion there is effect of cortisone on period but as you told you are trying for pregnancy you need to wait one more week and take a hpt. Usually late of 7 days is not a big issue after talking cortisone shot. Thank you.