Trying to conceive. Semen analysis test shows zero sperm count. Delay in sample reaching lab. Is there any guidelines to follow while collecting semen samples?

Hi doctor, I am 26 and my husband is 31. We are married for 2 years and we are trying for concieve for the past 4 months. We are working in two different places and hence we were together only for a few days each month. Now i am on a long leave to try for conception . As a start, my husband did a semen analysis on tuesday which came out with a report showing zero sperm count. He took the sample from home, and transported it to the lab in an air conditioned vehicle and it took almost 30 mnts delay. Are there chances that due to this the sperm could have died off by the time it reached the lab?? Just to know if there is any such kind of chances and the sample collection guidelines that should be followed while collecting semen samples.? We areanyways planning to repeat the test in another lab tommorrow.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012