Trying to conceive. Prescribed clomid, heavy periods, spotting. No follicles in ultrasound. Advise?

HI, My name is XXXXX. My husband and i are planning to have a kid. My age is 38 and my husband is 46. My doctor prescribe me to take a clomid after the 5 days of my period. I had to redo the test bec i was out of town. On my second test, my period is only heavy from 3pm-12mn, and the next day was just spotting. I still took the clomid after 5 days. And they do the ultrasound on my 13th day. they didn t find any dominant folicles. I m not sure if my medicine is ok for me or not. My period is not the same as before. Please advise me if its safe or not to take it.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012