Trying to conceive, PCOS under control, have regular periods, normal eggs, advised to have intercourse, prescribed duphaston. What is its function?

hi Doctor my name is Jenavi . and im sufering with PCOS . it s almost 5 moths i have started takeing the glucophage 750mg . and the PCOS os under controlled . and the im now my preiod are regular so doctor has advice me to take clomid and on 12th day i went to her again to check the status of the egg. she said the eggs are fine and to have a intercorse . the thing is she advice me to take duphaston on the 16th day of my cycle . i need to know the rason for that .
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012